EVENT: Monday November 15 2010
University Hall, UTS (Located on Harris Street, directly across the road from the ABC Building) - 9:30am to 11:00am
Do you want to be part of a vibrant community researching and working toward building a strong civil society? What current issues do you experience that limit your work in the third sector? Do you have a passionate vision for the future of the third sector and civil society in Australasia?
On November 15 – 16 the Australia New Zealand Third Sector Research Council is holding the 10th Biennial conference at the University of Technology, Sydney.
To launch the event, ANZTSR is opening the doors of it’s plenary session on Monday November 15 to all comers. Experienced broadcaster Julie McCrossin will moderate a panel of six leaders from Australia’s third sector organisations in a dynamic debate: Civil Societies: Vision, strategy, action.
- John Fitzgerald, Director of Development, Surf Life Saving Australia
- Dr. Stephen Judd, CEO- Hammond Care and Director Community Council of Australia
- Elenie Poulos, Minister of the Uniting Church in Australia and National Director of Uniting Justice Australia
- Alison Peters, Director, Council of Social Service of NSW (NCOSS)
- Amanda Tattersall, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Unions NSW
- David Thompson, CEO, Jobs Australia.
The plenary is a free and sponsored by the Centre for Social Impact. To attend, please register by sending an email with ‘Civil Society 2020’ in the title to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Third Sector as Civil Society in Australasia: Identity, Role and Influence in the New Century
To be fully informed and engaged we invite you to participate in the full conference program.
ANZTSR is the region’s longest established research society that seeks to strengthen both research and practice in the third sector. Our membership is comprised of leading Australasian third sector researchers and practitioners across the broad diversity of third sector activities.
When you register to attend the two-day conference, ticket highlights include:
- An opening reception at the Citigate Hotel on the 14th November.
- An exciting interactive plenary discussion sponsored by the Centre for Social Impact at UNSW, facilitated by Julie McCrossin.
- A keynote lunch sponsored by The Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Non-profit Studies at Queensland University of Technology, with distinguished guest speaker Professor Julian Disney, Director of the Social Justice program at the University of New South Wales.
- A World Cafe lunch and academic plenary to workshop the strategic direction of future third sector research in Australasia.
- A dynamic and stimulating program of presentations by leading Australasian third sector researchers and practitioners discussing cutting-edge research and practice.
- An optional conference dinner at Red Chilli Sichuan Restaurant in Chinatown on Monday 15th November.
To view the full conference information please visit the CCS website.